Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I am being rebellious.

I painted my nails blue. Ok, I know that's not exactly rebellious, but it is for someone who has spent the past four years in a school where if you wear even the most discreet nail polish, you will get a detention in less than a second and be sent to the chem. lab to use some of the quickly running out nail polish remover stash stored in my science teacher's office, it's rebellious.

School is finally over! I didn't think I would ever survive 12 exams, but I did, somehow! Some of them were ridiculously easy, some were pure evil, but as long as I passed them all and as long as I got 75 in science and 85 in math (so I can get into chemistry, physics and pre-calculus next year), it doesn't really matter how I did. I mean, I WANT to do well, but on exams like history, that aren't pre-requisites for anything, as long as I passed, it doesn't matter if I got a 70 or an 80 or a 90, really.

The postly picture for this post...inspired by my ridiculous biology exams...is a giant molecule of starch that we built in biology earlier in the year....yes, we are cool...


On a more exciting note, I skated yesterday for the first time in 31 days (my dance coach counted)! I got on the ice and I was pretttttyyyy shaky....I almost caught my pick stroking, which would have lead to a pretty intense wipe out... Anyway, I started off badly, and kind of couldn't do a scratch spin or a camel, for that matter, but by my lesson, I was almost back to normal again. My spins still weren't great, but my flying camel was better than it's ever been (5 rotations!!!) and I landed every axel I tried, with the exception of one. My double salchow was terrible, though...I think I might have lost it...I think I landed like one out of ten...but hopefully it will come back soon! My double loop was ok...I was jumping super high but not pulling in enough so I wasn't really rotating, but I guess that's what happens when you don't skate for a month! lol

I'm off the ice today, because it's glorious Quebec day, but I'm back at it tomorrow! I learned my new skills yesterday, and all I can say is HOLY CRAP. Loops are impossible! My coach thinks these skills will take me a year, and I fully agree, for once! lol they are really hard...apparently harder than senior silver and gold...and I'm terrible at skills (my coach puts it so nicely though, she says that "skills don't come naturally for me"), so these skills will be a rather interesting experience!

I also worked on the Harris Tango yesterday! I was not successful in making my coach teach me the Killian, but I'll work on him...haha he's not big on working on 2 dances at once...

Anyway I have to go, but I'll write more on Thursday, because I'm getting my wisdom teeth out (help), so I won't be skating, and I'll need a way to pass the time...hopefully I won't look too much like a chipmunk...

Birds go flying at the speed of sound, to show you how it all began. Birds came flying from the underground, if you could see it then you'd understand. --Coldplay


1 comment:

WistfulSparrow said...

Wow. The birds quote is really...meaningful. Deep, one might almost say. Deep enough that it leaves me scratching my head in puzzlement (figuratively, of course, seeing as I never understood why you would scratch your head when puzzled).

A molecule of starch, eh? It seems pretty complicated. Uh, right. Hm. Well I don't really understand the starch, but the lab looks really nice.

Are they seriously that strict about nails? I have to wonder why. I mean, I can understand why they don't want pink hair or striped tights (by the by, the blue came out of my hair a couple of days after we got here and has been this faint green ever since. stupid semi-permanent pharmacy dyes). But nails are pretty weird-looking even when they aren't painted. You might even say they were made to be coloured. Would they care about clear polish?